Our organic ginger, ground from the dried ginger root, provides the robust, warm flavor and distinctive aroma that has made the spice popular for both sweet (think gingerbread and pumpkin bread) and savory (think stir-fry) dishes in cuisines around the world. Ground or powdered, it's a convenient form for baked foods, curries and chutneys and for sprinkling on applesauce and other cooked fruit and vegetable dishes. Ginger also lends its warm, spicy flavor to condiments, relishes, sauces, pickles, beverages, candies and all types of desserts. Our organic bulk ginger is kosher certified and non-irradiated.
- Ginger comes from the rhizomes, the fleshy roots, of the plant.
- The Romans introduced this spice to Europe, and by the middle ages it rivaled pepper in popularity.
- Ancient medical texts indicate that along with culinary uses, it was used in teas, baths and compresses.
- Native to the tropics of Southeast Asia, ginger has been cultivated for over 3,000 years.
- There are over 50 species of ginger, the species we use is Zingiber Officinale.
Origin - Peru
Directions - To substitute ground ginger for fresh, use 1 /2 teaspoon ground for each tablespoon fresh called for in a recipe.
Suggested uses - Ground ginger is an essential spice for gingerbread and is also good in biscuits, preserves, chutneys, marmalades and a variety of desserts. Try it in pickles and with pork, chicken and beef. Add it to pumpkin or apple pie, cookies, carrot and sweet potatoes dishes.
Flavor Profile - Warm and spicy sweet
Botanical name - Zingiber officinale Roscoe
PRODUCT INGREDIENTS - Organic Ginger.
Ginger - SpicePuck
Full details are provided in the Return Policy (in footer)